Everything You Need to Know About Veneers
Even if you do not know what veneers are, you must have heard of the term at least. You need not worry if you are unaware of its meanings or function. Most individuals do not know what veneers are. Veneers are thin pieces of porcelain. These are strategically placed on chipped and stained teeth to return their natural look. Veneers also fill gaps between the teeth.
Over the last few years, veneers have become common as they are pain-free and a sustainable way of enhancing dental imperfections. Veneers are relatively expensive. This is also one of the reasons why a lot of individuals refrain from getting them. However, what people do not realize is the fact that veneers make a valuable long-term investment. This is because they are durable and last for long. Thus, once placed successfully, veneers can last between 12 and 25 years, with no, or minimal maintenance.
Top Reasons to Choose Veneers
Veneers are sturdy and durable, and that is only one of the benefits of getting veneers. Here are a few more reasons why you should consider getting veneers.
- Veneers are made of porcelain. These are sturdy and do not need maintenance. If you get porcelain veneers, you are unlikely to need to visit a dentist and will save a significant amount of money on check-ups.
- Some of the most common reasons why individuals choose veneers are to close spaces and gaps between their teeth, get rid of alignment issues, alter the overall appearance and shape of a tooth, and whiten the smile by covering discolored or stained teeth, and cover-up cracked or chipped teeth.
- Getting porcelain veneers is quick, easy, and pain-free.
Dental Veneer Placement: What to Expect
If you have decided to get veneers, you have made one of the best decisions. However, it is essential that you also make yourself aware of the steps involved in the process. The following is what you can expect the dentist to do.
- The primary thing your dentist will do is clean up the teeth. Once the cleaning is done, they remove a part of the enamel. This will help make space for the veneers.
- Once done, the dentist creates an impression of the teeth. This impression is sent to a laboratory for custom veneer creation.
- The process of custom veneer creation may take some time. Meanwhile, the dental specialist will use temporary veneers, which will be replaced once custom veneers are ready.
- Veneers are held in their original place with the help of adhesive cement. Sometimes, veneers may be slightly cured to give them a wholly natural look. So, you must expect that your dentist will do some work on your veneers and teeth.
Getting chipped, stained, and misaligned teeth fixed has never been easier before. Veneers are one of the best possible solutions to some of the common dental issues. They are also one of the hassle-free ways to get the sparkling smile you have desired.
There you have it! Contact Paul Mansky Dental today! We are located in Troy, Michigan and can be reached at (248) 689-5508 and we hope to hear from you soon!