Here’s Everything You Need to Know About Veneers
Cosmetic dentistry has advanced over the years, and several new techniques have emerged that have finally made it possible for people to get the beautiful smile they have always wanted. However, many people are yet unaware of these advances, and thus, go around with chipped and stained teeth, either unaware of the options available to them or wrongly assuming that getting teeth fixed is invariably always a painful procedure. The truth is the advent of veneers has made correcting various dental issues quite easy.
We dedicate this article to informing our readers about everything there is to need about veneers.
What Are Veneers?
Even if you do not know what veneers are, you must have certainly heard of this term. Do not worry — most people do not know what exactly veneers are. So, let us explain the term first. Veneers are thin pieces of porcelain that are placed on stained and chipped teeth to give them their natural shape and look. Veneers are also often used to fill the gaps between teeth. In the last few years, the use of veneers has become quite common as they make a pain-free and long-lasting way of correcting dental imperfections.
Veneers are slightly expensive, which is why most people refrain from using them. However, what people do not realize is the fact that veneers are a great long-term investment as they are incredibly durable and easily last long years. As a matter of fact, once successfully placed, veneers can last for anything between 12 to 25 years, without even requiring any maintenance work.
Why Should You Get Veneers?
Veneers are sturdy and durable, and that is only one of the benefits of getting veneers. Here are a few more reasons why you should consider getting veneers.
- Veneers made from porcelain are quite sturdy and rarely require any maintenance work. Thus, if you decide to get porcelain veneers, you won’t have to visit your dentist often and you will save a lot of money on routine check-ups.
- Veneers are the ideal choice for tackling common dental issues, such as discoloration and misaligned teeth.
- Lastly, getting porcelain veneers is easy, quick, and pain-free.
What Should I Expect at the Dentist’s When I Go for Veneer Placement?
If you have decided to get veneers, you have made the right choice. However, it is also important to make yourself aware of the different steps involved in the procedure. Here’s what you can expect your dentist to do.
- The first thing your dentist will do is clean your teeth and remove a bit of enamel to create space for veneers.
- Once this is done, they will create an impression of your teeth. This impression will then be sent to a lab for custom veneer creation.
- The process of custom veneer creation takes some time and thus, in the meanwhile, your dentist will place temporary veneers, which they will replace once your custom veneer is ready.
- Veneers are held in place using adhesive cement and sometimes, even slightly cured to give them an entirely natural look. So, be prepared to have your dentist do some work on your teeth and veneer.
Getting stained, chipped, and misaligned teeth fixed was never easier than it is now. Veneers are the perfect solution to these common dental problems. They are also the ideal way to get that beautiful smile you have always wanted. For more information about veneers, or any other dental-related questions, contact Paul Mansky Dental today! We are located in Troy, Michigan and can be reached at (248) 689-5508 and we hope to hear from you soon!